Life in the United States
Immigrants pursuing a better qualify of life in the US may sometimes find it difficult to adapt to the new environment - the culture, the society and the overall system, all being different from what they are used to. Here you will find a series of useful guides that can help you navigate through some of the most important issues during the transition.
- Credit Score - Why is credit score important? How to improve FICO?
- Credit Report - What is in my credit report? Who is viewing my records?
- Credit Card - Are immigrants qualified for credit cards? Should I use a credit card?
- ID Theft - How did ID theft occur? How do I prevent my identity being stolen?
- Home Buying - A step-by-step guide for buying a home.
- Car Buying - A step-by-step guide for buying a car.
- Insurance - Explains common terms used in car insurance.
- Banking - Checking, Savings, Money Market, explained in simple terms.
- U.S. Holidays - How Americans celebrate the common holidays.
- Federal Government Holidays - Holidays most government agencies observe.
Travel in the United States
- Travel - Explore the most popular destinations for tourists - native or foreigners.
- Driver's License - Driving a car in the U.S. with a foreign driver license
- Freeways and Highways - U.S. highway system and numbering conventions
Easy Reference Guides
- Celsius and Fahrenheit Conversion Table and Formula
- Common Unit Conversion Table
- U.S. Time Zones and Daylight Savings Time
- Standard Bed, Mattress and Sheet Sizes
Copyright © ImmigrationRoad.com Last updated: 03/26/2012