Immigration Road Logo
Check USCIS Case Status by Phone

USCIS National Customer Service Center (NCSC) can be reached by phone at 1-800-375-5283. If you are outside the US you can call 785-330-1048 instead. Click here to see the current USCIS Customer Service Call Menu (updated on 6/12/2019).

How to check USCIS case status by phone

To check the status of your case filed with USCIS, follow these steps:

  • Call 1-800-375-5283;
  • Press 1 to continue in English;
  • Press 1 for case status;
  • Press 1 if you know your receipt number;
  • Enter receipt number to hear your USCIS case status

Is there a phone menu for USICS customer service?

Phone Keypad Image

USCIS doesn't publish their phone menu. However, ImmigrationRoad has manually created USCIS' phone menu so that you can more efficiently navigate their massive amount of options. You will also be able to reach a live customer service agent quickly. However, please do keep in mind that USCIS updates their menu regularly and if there is any descrepancies, please listen to the prompts carefully.

When is NCSC open?

Beginning April 1, 2013 the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) will be open from 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Eastern, Monday through Friday. Live assistance is available only during this time.

You can access the status update and other automated information 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Can I speak to a USCIS customer service representative?

Yes. To reach a USCIS representative, you need to call between 8am - 8pm, Eastern Standard Time. There are several routes to reach a CSR, depending on your situation. For example, if you lost your receipt number, you can follow the steps below:

  • Call 1-800-375-5283;
  • Press 1 to continue in English;
  • Press 1 for case status;
  • Press 2 if you can't locate your receipt number;
  • Press 2 to connect to a USCIS representative.

Keep in mind that CSR's are not immigration officers, and have only limited access to your case information. Your case status given by a USCIS representative is usually the same as the online or automated phone system. However, CSR's are able to answer certain questions, often by scripts or training menu, and provide certain services as listed below.

What if my case has been pending for too long?

If your case is more than 30 days outside the published USCIS processing dates, you should speak to a customer service representative and place an official inquiry. The USCIS service center that has adjudication over your case is supposed to respond to your inquiry, and provide an explanation for the delay.

What services does the National Customer Service Center provide?

The center provides a variety of services via automated response or live assistance, including options for a customer to:

  • Check USCIS case status;
  • Ask case specific questions;
  • Learn about basic eligibility and filing procedures;
  • Order USCIS forms;
  • Report change of mailing address (in addition to filing forms);
  • Reschedule an appointment due to emergency; and,
  • Respond to a USCIS request.

See also:

Easy Tools