Immigration Road Logo
How to Contact U.S. Federal and State Government

If you need to contact a government agency or department (see org chart), you can find their phone number, mailing address and website below. Note that these are usually the main contact information for the entire department, so you may want to ask the operator to transfer you to a specific division who can address your concerns, or search the department's website for more details. All 800, 877 and 866 phone numbers are "toll free," meaning that you will not be charged a fee for your call. Calling to other area codes will normally incur long-distance charges by your phone carrier.

Easy Tools