United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) published the latest performance data of I-485 Applications to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status. Below is a summary of the total number of I-485 cases by category. For more detailed statistics including service center and field office data, please click here.
|I-485 Applications Performance Data (1/1/2015 – 3/31/2015) :||Received||Approved||Denied||Pending|
- Family-based: Applications based on a family relationship with an LPR (legal permanent resident, a.k.a. green card holder) or a U.S. citizen.
- Employment-based: Applications based on employment status, or as an entrepreneur to create a commercial enterprise.
- Humanitarian-based: Applications covered by Refugees & Asylum, Battered Spouse, Children & Parents and other special humanitarian programs.
- Received: The number of new applications received and entered into a case-tracking system during the reporting period.
- Approved: The number of applications approved during the reporting period.
- Denied: The number of applications denied, terminated, or withdrawn during the reporting period.
- Pending: The number of applications still awaiting a decision as of the end of the reporting period.
- Source: Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Performance Analysis System (PAS) , March 2015